Sunday, August 21, 2005

The solution to all our problems

President Bush broke Reagan's long-standing record of vacation days in office on Friday, 19 August 2005.

Congratulations, you slack-jawed, shiftless, torpid, nitwit.

It took Reagan all 8 years of his presidency to hit the highwater mark of 335 days. It took just under 5 years for that waste of life to surpass it.

I think if the rest of the country followed his lead and took that much time off - 20% of the year off - it would solve our unemployment problem.

And, as Georgie points out:
"But I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life ... I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy. And part of my being is to be outside exercising. So I'm mindful of what goes on around me. On the other hand, I'm also mindful that I've got a life to live and will do so.''

Well, you heard it from the president:
The trick to a balanced life is practicing bicycle riding as much as possible.

And to those of you squawking that there's a war going on - it's not like he's giving the troops this much time off.

Now, get out there and not work.

No comments: