Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another botched purchase

On the 36th anniversay of Earth Day I (finally) bought a DVD player. While the average gas price in Chicago crested $3.00, I set up my DVD player only to discover that my TV is pre-DVD.

Worse, this discovery turned into an "oh $&(@#. I ran into this 4 years ago when I tried to hook up Pop's DVD to my television. Nuts."

Meanwhile, Freddy "The Beetle" Barnes is writing that Bush needs to shake up the staff more than ousting minor staffers. Perhaps, uh, Cheney could go. Condi would probably agree to step up. And Cheney caught napping at a meeting with Chinese President Hu Jintao provides pretty good cover for a resignation due to health issues. (See NY Post for article.)

At least the White Sox beat the Twins tonight. (Again.)

1 comment:

SkyWriter said...

Your DVD experience reminded me of the time my friend Catherine met me at the Paces Ferry Starbuck's (in Atlanta) and proudly showed me her purchases - a couple of CDs, a couple of magazines, and a DVD of her ab-fab fav stand-up comic. All went well until I asked, "I didn't know you had a DVD player." At which point she went for a moment into a suspended state of animation, followed by a slow "ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh FFFFFFFFFFFF_uuuuuuuuuu-ccccccccccc------**************."