Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One question begats another

Just one question for all presidential candidates, regardless of political party:

Why would you want to be president now?(!)

I imagine some would actually answer along the lines "this country is so fucked up that I am compelled to run for the office and undue some of the damage."

To which my follow up question would be: Could you name the problems and concrete actions taken to correct them?

I expect there would be mealy-mouth answers along the lines of "gathering the right people," "studying the issues," and "forming task forces."

To that I would ask "Why don't you whip out some Executive Statements and make it happen?"

Ideally, some candidate would say that's not constitutional.

But that's what Bush did. Why is he still running the show then?

While I'm at it, I'd also like a candidate to tell us that upon taking office he would ship Bush, Cheney, and the rest of the Administration down to Gitmo to get some answers. And maybe get a little waterboarding in too.

No comments: