Thursday, August 24, 2017

To the edge and back with my hair

My hair is damaged. The hair at the nape of the neck is fried.

So, I cancelled plans for a color & highlights.
Realized I may not be getting my hair cut for a few months. It needs to grow a lot before it can be cut.

And then last Saturday (Aug 19) I opted to deep condition the hair with coconut oil and honey. It worked. It also wouldn't rinse out.

Monday was awful - it was so greasy and stuck to the sides of my head that I cringed the entire day.

Monday night I used egg whites and lemon juice to remove excess oil.
It worked, but still didn't get it all.

Tuesday I washed the hair with sulfate-free shampoo.
That got the rest of it out.

Wednesday I realized the ends are destroyed - those need the deep conditioning. So I applied a little coconut oil and left it in.

Today, Thursday, I applied more coconut oil to the ends. They really are a hazmat zone.


No comments: